Fouth of July 2012!
The "Fourth Fest" Independence Day Celebration on the 4th of July in Racine Wisconsin is one of the best places in the country to celebrate our nation's birth.
- 8:00AM - Midwest's largest July 4th Parade and the third largest in the United States. Racine has been named as one of the Top 10 places to celebrate the 4th of July by USA Today. Featuring live replicas of national monuments as a salute to our veterans. The parade starts at the intersections of Goold and Main Streets and runs south down Main Street through Downtown then turns west on 14th Street. Be sure to arrive early to get a curbside seat as people are expected to begin lining up along the parade route as early as 5:00 AM on July 4th, 2012.
- After the parade: - Go to the Racine Zoological Gardens 2131 North Main Street in Racine. Adults - $6.50 - Kids: $4.00
- After the parade: - Go to North Beach! USA Today has named the popular attraction — located at Michigan and Kewaunee streets — the best beach in Wisconsin.
- After the parade: - Stroll through Racine Downtown with over 50 locally owned & operated businesses, there are sure to be shopping, dining & discoveries for everyone! DOWNTOWN.
- 7:30PM - Racine Concert Band Free event. Bring lawn chair or blanket. At North Beach
- 8:00PM - The fireworks! One of the best locations to view them is at North Beach, however the fireworks can be viewed anywhere along the shores of Lake Michigan in Racine. The 40-minute fireworks exhibition begin at dusk.
- See the full Racine events calendar at http://racine.wi.net/events.html
Racine and area gas prices
Weather and others
I'm working on a weather page. It's just started. It can be viewed at: http://av.wi.net/wx.html Also see a community page http://av.wi.net/community.html and a job listing page http://av.wi.net/jobs.html and Real Estate Listings http://av.wi.net/homes.html
The Racine Hams group is for listing of Ham Radio activities in and around Racine, WI and Southeastern Wisconsin.
Covering Amateur Radio activities from Club Meetings; Ham Radio License Classes; Coffee Clutches; Picnics; Nets; Contests; Fox Hunts; Experimenters' Groups; HSMM; Winlink; Packet; EMCOMM; Special Event Stations; Community Involvement; Field Day; State Emergency Test (SET); Hamfests; and more.
Flood of '08
Digital TV Coupons
You don't want your TV to stop working in 2009! Don't forget to order your Digital Television Converter $40.00 coupon from the government! -You've already paid for it!
Adware and SpyWare
Spyware also known as "adware". It is a hidden software program that transmits user information via the Internet to advertisers in exchange for free downloaded software. Spyware/Adware is considered to go beyond the reasonable advertising that one might expect from freeware or shareware. Typically a separate program that is installed at the same time as a shareware or similar program, adware will usually continue to generate advertising even when the user is not running the origianlly desired program.